Thursday, March 11, 2010

1-Dish Taco Bake

This recipe has quickly become one of my go to dinners. I do need to emphasize that you do not pre-heat your oven for this one. It needs to start out in a cold oven.

Taco Meat Filling
1 lb. ground beef
1.25 package taco seasoning

Batter
cooking spray
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. corn meal
2 envelopes yeast
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. very warm milk
3 T. oil
1 egg

Topping
1 c. Chunky salsa
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. corn tortilla chips, partially crushed

Brown and drain beef. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
Mix batter ingredients together and pour into a pre-sprayed 9.5 inch deep dish pie plate. If you don't have a deep pie plate, a small casserole dish works great too.
Top batter with taco meat. Pour salsa evenly over meat, sprinkle with shredded cheese and corn chips.
Bake by placing in a COLD OVEN; set temp to 350. Bake for 45 min or until batter is cooked through.

4 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

This looks yummy! I'm definitely going to give it a try!

Elaine said...

Me too! :)

Fletcher Family said...

I agree this looks great...maybe I can get Kyle to make it for me :)

Rose Family said...

I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit! I used chicken instead since that's what I had. Turned out great!