Thursday, June 9, 2011

Homemade Baking Mix

I saw this tonight on a blog I was reading and thought it looked interesting. She is posting some recipes for a freezer meal day to go with it later. You're supposed to use it in place of Bisquick. Might be handy in a pinch. You can see the post here.

  • 10 cups flour (I used freshly-ground whole-wheat. Doreen suggested doing half white and half whole-wheat.)
  • 8 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
  • 1 Tablespoon salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar or turbinado
  • 2 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening

Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening or cold coconut oil until you have fine crumbs. Store in a tightly covered container in a cool place (if you use freshly-ground flour, store in the freezer). Use in place of Bisquick.

1 comments:

Amy said...

ooh, I really want to try this! I just need to find recipes that can use it. Also, thanks for the link, I love that website!