Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

I made this last night for dinner. Fast and easy. Seth loved it so much he asked for it for dinner again tomorrow night! :)

4 ounces dried spaghetti
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces ground beef (I used closer to a pound)
1/2c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green pepper (I omitted this)
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp fennel seeds crushed
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 tsp dried oregano crushed
1 c low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 c shredded mozzarella (I used a little cheddar too for color)

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Return to warm saucepan stir in butter until melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese; set aside.

Meanwhile in a medium skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, garlic and fennel seeds until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Heat through.

Coat a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on the top and up the sides of pasta crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top.

Bake in a 350 oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey Andrea! I made this tonight for dinner. Super easy and yummy. I doubled the meat portion of the recipe and just tucked it in the freezer so we have an even quicker meal available in the future. It was definitely a hit and plenty of leftovers for Neil's "lunch" tomorrow night. My girls forgot this was baking while we were gone to fiddle lessons and were way excited that we were making another of "Andrea's masterpieces". Thanks friend!

Mullin family said...

Looks like the Weaver's and the Mullin's had the same thing for dinner last night :) It was de-lish! The only thing that I did differently was to leave out the fennel seed ,nothing against fennel, I just didn't have any on hand. Wonderful recipe Andrea, keep them coming !

Trent-n-Lynne said...

Sounds like something great to do with spaghetti leftovers!

Anonymous said...

That sounds a whole lot like a rescipe that my mother passed to me called Spag. Casserole. It is raelly yummy. I am going to try yours and see which one my husband likes the best :)