Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Laundry Detergent

I just found this, I'm not sure what to think yet, so if any of you try it, let me know what you think of how well it cleans.


Laundry Detergent Reciepe:
1 cup of Washing Soda (found at Fred Meyer in the laundry section for $ 2.99 a box)
1 cup of Borax (at Walmart in laundry section for $2.99)
1 bar of grated bar soap


Mix together and use 1 Tabelspoon per load! (I've done 170+ loads and I'm super happy with it! It makes it .04-.06 a load! (FYI: It cleans really well, but doesn't get sudsy like other detergents)

2 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

I think normally I would have tried it without blinking an eye, but it's a little scary in my new washing machine....Can I assume that's what's holding you back?

Trent-n-Lynne said...

Yeah, I think of a regular bar of soap going through my washer and I think of a gunky mess. Also only using 1 tablespoon of detergent doesn't seem in my mind like it would get a full load of clothes clean.