Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pasta with Citrus Cream Sauce

I haven't made this in a while, but it's really easy and so yummy. I was thinking it was time to bring it back out. I make it with grilled chicken in it. Delicious.

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cognac or dry sherry (I omitted this)
The zest of 1 lemon
The zest of 1 large navel orange
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped (about 3 sprigs)
12 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
1/2 pound linguini, or 3/4 pound fresh linguini cooked al dente(I think I used fettuccine)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a skillet over medium-low heat, warm cream. Add cognac or dry sherry, zest of lemon and orange, salt. Simmer 7 to 10 minutes. Add mint and basil. Toss hot drained pasta with sauce and grated cheese. Transfer to serving dish or dinner plates.

0 comments: