Thursday, June 18, 2009

Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza

This was with an ad for Ragu that I found in a magazine. Turned out yummy!

1 jar Ragu Pasta Sauce (or whatever kind you like)
1 package (10 oz) frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 can (11oz) refrigerated pizza dough (I made my own)

1. Brown ground beef in skillet; drain. Season with slat and pepper. Stir in Ragu, bring to boil. Turn into 2 quart baking dish. (I didn't have broccoli so I stirred in a bunch of fresh spinach to wilt.)

2. Top with the broccoli, then cheese. Press dough over dish, sealing edges.

3. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes.

1 comments:

Mullin family said...

My kids love to eat "trees", also known as broccoli, I think I will add this recipe to our menu next week, it looks yummy :)