Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rapid Rise Pizza Dough

I use this recipe pretty often. It is great for pizza, but I also use it for calzones. I like to use up leftovers that way. Stuff the bread with leftover ham and cheese or chicken and broccoli, etc. You can also replace a third of the flour with whole-wheat if you prefer (no more than 1/3 because it wont rise well).

3 to 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup very warm water
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
Cornmeal (opt)

In a very large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Stir very warm water and olive oil into dry ingredients. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 min. Cover, let rest on floured surface for 10 min.

Lightly oil 1 (14 inch) round pizza pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal (opt). Form dough into smooth ball. Roll dough to fit pan. Top with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 11-12 minutes or until done. Time depends on thickness of crust and amount of toppings.

2 comments:

Trent-n-Lynne said...

Thanks! I normally do a quick bisquick crust, but it really isn't my favorite. I'll have to try this this week.

Rose Family said...

This is the recipe I use too! Only I add about a tablespoon of Johnny's instead of the salt, and I add a teaspoon or too of garlic powder.