Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Menu for this week

On the menu at our house this week...
Breakfast-Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, muffins and cereal
Lunch-Hot dogs, Mac and Cheese, frozen dinners, chicken wraps, baked potatoes, sandwiches, top ramen
Snacks-Fruit, carrots, granola bars, banana bread, cheese and crackers, popcorn, and anything in the breakfast list :)
Dinners-BBQ chicken and corn, Spaghetti and salad, Teriyaki chicken with rice and veggies, Tater-tot casserole and green beans, Noodles and eggs, Malibu chicken
Sweets-Strawberry shortcake and ice cream sandwiches

What's on your menu?

As many of you know, I've been getting into couponing. The past couple of weeks, I've really stocked my cupboards knowing Trent would be out of town and not wanting to have to grocery stop with four kids while he is out of town. I believe that I've done enough to not have to shop, except for parishables, for the next two weeks and on top of that, I've been under my grocery budget. Yeah! So, a little game for those who are interested. Guess how much I spent this week. The one closest to my total, will win a plate of cookies made by me.

Game over at 12am Thursday morning. All items were bought at Safeway. Hee is what I bought in case you can't see in the picture well: 1 Kashi frozen dinner, 5 Healthy choice frozen dinners, 2 packs of all beef Ball Park franks, 2 bags of Sun Chips, 1 box of orange Capri Suns, 8 boxes of Mac and Cheese, 1 box of butter, 1 box of yo-plus yogurt, 2 packs of gatorade, 1 bottle of teriyaki marinade, 2 packages of mission tortillas plus, 1 package of deli ham, 1 large container of cool whip, 2 packages of bertolli spaghetti sauce, 2 Ronzoni past asides, 1 All laundry detergent, 1 package of brocolli and cheese, watermelon, bananas and grapes