Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sizzler Malibu Chicken and Cheese Toast

You ask, and you get more than you ask for. :) If you've been to Sizzler and have had this, it tastes pretty similar.

Malibu Chicken-
If you like to be labor intensive, pound out chicken breasts to about a 1/4" thick. Dunk in eggs and coat with bread crumbs, corn flakes, or whatever makes your favorite breading (my mom has one that uses ranch dressing mix that tastes great with this).
If you are lazy like me, you buy a box of breast chicken patties by Tyson, Banquet, or Costco and cook in oven according to directions.
At the end of cooking, put a couple of pieces of deli sliced ham on top with a slice of swiss or mozzarella cheese and cook at couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and the ham is warm. I actually like to turn on my broiler for this. If you want to be really fancy, place a slice of pineapple on top of the ham, under the cheese.

Cheese Toast-
Take 6 slices of Texas Toast bread (or any regular slice of bread you have). Combine a 1/2 stick butter, softened at room temperature, 2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture kind of thickly on the bread. Preheat a griddle. Place buttered/cheese side down on the griddle and cook until brown. Remove and serve.

There you have it, a dinner done the lazy way, takes 20 minutes from start to finish.

2 comments:

Fletcher Family said...

Hmmm sounds good...I will have to try this one out. Too bad I don't have ham in the fridge or I would do it tonight! :)

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

Lynne fed me this for dinner last night and it was yummy! (Thanks!!) It'll definitely be one I'll make.