Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tortilla Casserole

This is one of my family's favorites! It's kind of like enchiladas, but it's a little easier to make. :)

1 pkg. Tortillas
1# cooked, cubed chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa (I use pace picante sauce)
1 small can diced green chilis (optional)
Lots of shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, or mexican blend......)

Mix all ingredients except for tortillas and cheese.

Cut the tortillas into approximately 1x2" strips. (I actually just tear them into small pieces.

In a tall casserole dish, layer the tortillas on the bottom, followed by a layer of the chicken/soup mix, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat 3 layers.

Cover and bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

I made something very similar to this this other day using the crock pot. I found a recipe using corn tortillas, cubed chicken, cheese, and green enchilada sauce. layer it all up in the crock pot and cook. Super easy and delicious!

Fletcher Family said...

I have done this in the crock pot as well. Yum!